ST. PETERSBURG — Creating an entirely new app or website from scratch may sound like a massive undertaking, but if a group of sixth graders can achieve it, anything’s possible.
TALLAHASSEE — On March 20, some of St. Pete’s finest took over the state capitol. More than 50 of the Sunshine City’s community leaders, entrepreneurs and caring citizens advocated for issues affecting our growing town.
ST. PETERSBURG — At Empath Health, we value diversity and inclusion in our workforce, community and care.
Gulf Coast Academy's noncompliance with a state school safety law has left the entire school district out of compliance.
The training program will provide jobs for locals at $14 an hour.
Attend St. Petersburg College’s Health Sciences & Veterinary Technology Open House and Student Success Showcase event and learn more about the simulation center for nursing education:
In the year since Todd Myers moved GoZone WiFi LLC from south Florida to downtown St. Petersburg, the software firm has grown at an explosive rate.
The college has been charged with teaching faculty and staff in Florida's public schools to recognize students with mental health issues
Drivers in St. Petersburg may notice a little splash of color to the city's police cruisers this October.
The University Mall isn’t bustling on weekday afternoons. But it’s not deserted, either.
Last Saturday, the center held a groundbreaking celebration on a 10,000 square-foot building that will open its doors in April.
A nearby warehouse will store the large statue until it finds a new home.
The historic Vinoy Renaissance Resort & Golf Club in downtown St. Petersburg was sold to SCG Hospitality LLC last week, and now we've got an idea of how much it cost.
The City of St. Petersburg revealed the second part of its conceptual redevelopment plan of Tropicana Field during “The Tropicana Master Plan – Scenario 2” community meeting, held Monday, Aug. 6 at the University of South Florida, St. Petersburg.
Any Burg native knows Atwater’s and knows the name is synonymous with St. Pete’s history of delicious soul food.
OCTAVIO JONES | Times Homeowner Tonya Neal reads through letters she received from Habitat for Humanity Hillsborough Country regarding the sale of her mortgage and the financial status of her house in the Grant Park neighborhood of east Tampa. Neal is a single mother who takes care of her daughters while working two jobs to keep up with her bills.
Gibbs High School counselor and Phi Beta Sigma member Javarius Green demonstrated how he takes service to the community’s youth to heart when he held his first scholarship banquet last month at the Thomas Jet Jackson Recreation Center.
NEW CHAMBER MEMBER ORIENTATION: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its new member orientation from 5:15 to 6 p.m. Aug. 22 at the chamber office, 1930 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., Suite 16, Lutz. The event is free and open to all new members and those who have not previously attended. Learn about the chamber and its programs. Light refreshments will be served. For information, call (813) 909-2722.
CHAMBER MIXER: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Chamber Mixer from 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 22 at Asturia-A-Hines Community, 14575 Promenade Parkway, Odessa. The event is free. For information, call (813) 909-2722.
ENTREPRENEUR’S DILEMMA WORKSHOP: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will present the workshop "Entrepreneur’s Dilemma" from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 22 at the chamber office, 1930 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., Suite 16, Lutz. The workshop, hosted by Sunil Misra and Janak Desai of DMG Financial and Indus Financial, will cover retirement costs for you and your family. The speaker will be Hal Schwartz, investment advisor representative, DMG Financial. The first 10 people to RSVP will receive a complimentary copy of the workbook. To RSVP, call (800) 983-4448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP APPRECIATION & COMMUNITY AWARDS BANQUET: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will host its 57th annual Membership Appreciation & Community Awards Banquet from 6 to 9 p.m. August 23 at St. Joseph’s parish center, 38750 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. The event’s premier sponsor is Florida Hospital Zephyrhills. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• The Tire Choice, 10627 State Road 54, New Port Richey, 5 to 7 p.m. Aug. 23. The event includes a Grand Opening celebration.
• Belk, 2111 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes, noon Aug. 24.
PEDC AWARDS AND TRADE SHOW: The Pasco Economic Development Council will have its annual Awards and Trade Show Sept. 6 at Saddlebrook Resort, 5700 Saddlebrook Way, Wesley Chapel. Sponsorship opportunities include: Presenting sponsors, $5,000; Gold sponsors, $3,000; Trade Show sponsors, $2,500; Silver sponsors, $1,500; and Bronze sponsors, $500. Call Suzanne at (813) 926-0827, ext. 226.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a 501c3, 3:30 to 5:45 p.m. Sept. 11, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Start a Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 11, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Branding and Credibility through Digital Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You also may email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Call (352) 848-1438.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef’O’Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association Monday Lunch Chapter: 11:45 a.m. Mondays, Brass Tap - Trinity, 10700 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Evening Chapter: 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays at the Brix 33, 8351 State Road 54, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Friday Breakfast Chapter: 8:15 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
Dear Working Parent,
I just started a new job this week and need to tell my manager that I am four months pregnant. What's the best way to go about the discussion?